At the end of 2011 Allanh K asked her Year Four students to record five things that they wanted their new teacher in Year Five to know about them.
This year, Allanah found out another teacher was using the activity with her students too.
Allanah has begun the “5 things I want my teacher to know about me” meme for learners from her blog, and here are mine…
I want my teachers to know that….
- I learn by seeing ideas in action, and by reading. I struggle to transform lectures into understanding unless you provide a transcript, visual cues or activities
- I am passionate about learning and will not ask for help until I have explored every other option I can think of
- I like to think and weigh up options/alternatives before committing to one answer
- I will correct my spelling, word choice or tweak a layout until I am satisfied that it is as close to how I imagined it as possible
- I will support others to do their best and think that failure is not trying at all/not believing in oneself.
What would be your five things?